Thursday, November 1, 2012

Let's Do The Fairy Kei 30 Day Challange! (Day 4. The 5 people I look up to most in Fairy-Kei)

Fashionable Feathers, (Yes, it is now November and that was currently the best ...kind of turkey pun I could think of! XD) 

Here blog please hold this for me I keep losing it~ I copied it from http://serepuff.blogspot.com/2011/11/30-day-fairy-kei-challenge-start.html which is the only place I can find the full list ever. (I love her blog by the way you should check it out if you want! <3) 

 Day one: 5 things you like and 5 things you dislike about Fairy-Kei.

 Day two: Why and how you got into Fairy-Kei.

 Day three: A picture or video of your bedroom.

 Day four: 5 of your style-icons.

 Day five: 5 of your favourite places to buy your clothes.

 Day six: Your luckiest thrift-store find.

 Day seven: 5 songs that remind you of Fairy-Kei.

 Day eight: How do your family and friends feel about the style?

 Day nine: Your most treasured piece of clothing.

 Day ten: How do you react to positive comments or people curious about your style on the streets?

 Day eleven: How do you react to the negative ones?

 Day twelve: The craziest coord youve ever worn.

 Day thirteen: What do you carry in your bag?

 Day fourteen: Do you have any hobbies that you could consider Fairy-Kei?

 Day fiveteen: Something you or a friend made themselves
.
 Day sixteen: How did you dress before Fairy-Kei?

two ☆ Day seventeen: Do you dress in also another style, e.g. Lolita.

 Day eighteen: How do you dress when you go to school?

 Day nineteen: 5 of your favourite toys.

 Day twenty: What do you see in Fairy-Kei in general in the next 5 years?

 Day twenty-one: 5 of your favourite cartoons.

 Day twenty-two: The most expensive thing youve ever bought.

 Day twenty-three: 10 of your favourite foods.

 Day twenty-four: Your favourite motif.

 Day twenty-five: How do people in school/work react to how youre dressed?

 Day twenty-six: If you could put any phrase on a conversation-heart sweet, what would it be?

 Day twenty-seven: Your dream job?

 Day twenty-eight: 5 of your favourite places.

 Day twenty-nine: Your favourite colour-combo.

 Day thirty!: Do you see yourself wearing Fairy Kei in 5 years time

I am going to need to pass on day three until I can actually do that (:( ) Right now we're staying with aunts while our house is being worked on and I sort of share a tiny room with two other people and it's not really my house, so, I try to keep the personalizing to a minimum.~ I still wanted to do a few days since I was gone a while while Sugar was ill. Let's start with 4 that one sounds like a lot of fun! Let's go! 

 Day four: 5 of your style-icons.

1. Let's start with an obvious one for me, a girl who needs no introduction in the fairy kei world. 

She may have already left Fairy-kei for the most part, but the legacy she left behind will live on and continue to help many girls just getting into the fashion. Pastel Ai gave Fairy-kei a voice for me and I'm sure many other girls. She made it a more friendly and relatable fashion. Her bubbly and charming personality and her amazing fashion sense made me want to watch her videos again and again and always made me smile! Sure I was sad the day I learned she wanted to leave fairy-kei(again, only for the most part), but now I know that no matter what she has imprinted the fashion forever and she has left a standing impression on me. She was who I looked up to starting in fairy-kei, I looked at her and thought to myself how I would love to be like her. Pastel Ai is someone who has been able to leave her mark on this fashion just by being her cute and fun self! That is always been a personal goal of mine too, actually! Hopefully I can succeed in my idols footsteps, eh?~ 

2. Look who it is! It's Princess Peachie!


You said it Peachie! (I found the picture here http://cutebacon.tumblr.com/ I just googled Princess Peachie! XD)

Sure I don't have a lot of fully "fairy-kei" picture influences here, but I would feel wrong not listing Peachie. Peachie is someone I look up to, not just for fashion inspiration, but for just about everything. If I honestly had to choose one person I admire at this moment more than anyone else, it's Peachie! I have said a lot of this before, but I've meant it then and I mean it now. Peachie is honest, sweet, kind, hard-working, and just plain adorable! I mean, maybe since I don't know her well personally I may have an idealized version of her in my head, but I'm convinced the way I see her is mostly the truth. I know she has so many fans, but she took time to talk to me back when I talked to her and she took time to comment long and detailed thank yous whenever I drew her something. It goes without saying that Peachie has style also, of course. She rocks Bodyline better than anyone I've ever seen and I think they should pay her for all the positive advertising she's done for them, but that's just my personal opinion. I don't want to gush too much and I want to keep all of these about the same length, but Peachie is my idol in everything. It's not just fashion. Peachie is someone I look up to in every way. Peachie is someone who always makes me smile, and Peachie is someone that I had to mention in this list! No matter what she's gone through she seems to always come out of it strong. (If she ever reads this I hope she knows what an inspiration she is to me and so many others. I wish I could say I'm her biggest fan, but that's not fair to everyone else so we can all equally be her biggest fans, kay?~) Plus, she did say in one of her videos that she was into fairy-kei I think, so that makes this completely on topic! <3

3.  It's Mio!~ Mio BabyLove

I grabbed the picture from here, again just googled her name. http://babydoll-princess.blogspot.com/2010/08/fairy-kei.html

Another iconic name in fairy kei! If you search fairy kei I don't doubt you'll see Mio all over the place! Her style is amazing and it's near impossible to deny! I fell for Mio's style when I first watched her video of her dress-up time! Her video is just so sweet and adorable and fun to watch, I could watch it over and over again! She is the kind of girl who's room and closet any aspiring fairy-kei girl would want to get their hands on~! She seems to have the qualities of being both sweet and edgy and just has something different, something special, that make her always interesting no matter what it is she does! Whether it's a video or a post in her blog I always love to hear what Mio has to say!~ <3

4. Here is someone I recently discovered, Serepuff! 


I have been going absolutely crazy for her blog lately! She has easy to understand tutorials that are so creative and useful! She also has a very unique style and she does a lot of thrifting for her fairy-kei gems (like me <3) She's someone I am just learning about, but I'm already very excited to be a follower of her blog. She also introduced me to uchuu kei (which I will forever associate with her.) I would love to give that a try. She also is one of the only people that has a fairly regularly updating blog that I can relate to. I can relate to her and her posts and I'm very glad! <3 I wish I had a little more to say about her, but right now I only have that she is very impressive and innovative and I can't wait to see all the things she creates in the future! <3 

5. The one, the only, Tavuchi/Tabuchi (I've seen it both ways so I wanted to make sure I put both, just in case.) 

I used to have one of those baby strollers when I was younger, ahh <3 Found here, google http://kitten.buzznet.com/user/journal/17227272/fashion-profile-sayuri-tabuchi/

She is considered the founder of fairy-kei, though according to this, she never actually referred to the fashion as Fairy-kei. She is so adorable and her adorable look can't be over looked! She is the creative reason fairy-kei exists! She is the founder of Spank!, Spank! Me, and Ticket to Darling. She is easily one of the most important people to the fairy-kei fashion. So much of my taste in clothes seems to come from her. She has inspired a lot in me, like my love for big cute glasses with my fairy-kei. They seem to go hand in hand for me and I usually don't think a fairy-kei outfit is complete without a pair of big glasses! No matter what she's wearing she always manages to be cute and unique. She is a unique individual and she is a great inspiration to me! <3 (I of course admire many more than this, but the challenge called for just five of them this time.~) 

All of these girls are wonderful and innovative and have affected my own style as time has passed. I hope they don't mine my using their pictures, I just thought it would be good to pair the name with a face~ ( :) ) If anyone has a problem with their picture being used just tell me and I will take care of it immediately. Thank you all for being inspirations to me and so many other girls! 

This is the only one I'm going to do right now. I'm running on no sleep, I'm expecting a package today and I'm very excited! I'm also waiting to hear from the Lolita Blog Carnival! (Fingers crossed?~) 

Anywho, I'll see you next time! I might take a nap or something fun like that. :DD 

Twitchily Yours, (I think that may be from the lack of sleep! <3) 

Skiteanna La~Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment